|Chrysler Viper GTS-R '00|
|Engine||8.0 litre V10|
|Max Power||450BHp (Standard)|
750BHp (Racing Spec)
The Chrysler Viper GTS-R, also known as the Dodge Viper GTS-R, is a racing car from the Gran Turismo series. (The car was known as "Dodge Viper GTS-R" when competing in the US, and under the Chrysler name otherwise). It made its first appearance in Gran Turismo and has featured in all mainstream versions of the game since.
The Chrysler Viper GTS-R is a front engined, rear-wheel drive racing car built by American manufacturer Chrysler, in conjunction with French racing team Oreca and Britain's Reynard Motorsport between 1995 and 2005. It was built for several endurance race events in the late nineties, including the 24 Hours of Le Mans and Nürburgring 24 Hours. It was very successful in these events, winning the following races/series:
- 24 Hours Nürburgring - 1999, 2001, 2002 (as team Zakspeed)
- Rolex 24 at Daytona - 2000 (as Team Oreca)
- 24 Hours of Le Mans - 1998, 1999, 2000 (GT2/GTS Class, Team Oreca)
- 12 Hours of Sebring - 2000 (GTS Class, Team Oreca)
- Petit Le Mans - 1999 (GTS Class, Team Oreca)
- 1000km Fuji - 2001 (GTS Class, Team Oreca)
- Mil Milhas Brasileiras - 2004
- FIA GT Championship - 1997, 1998, 1999 (Team Oreca); 2001, 2002 (Larbre Competition)
- American Le Mans Series - 1999, 2000 (Team Oreca)
- FFSA GT Championship - 2000, 2001 (DDO); 2003 (Larbre); 2004, 2005 (VBM)
- Belgian GT - 2002, 2003, 2004, 2009
- Italian GT - 2003, 2004
The Viper GTS-R in non-racing livery can be won from the US vs. Japan event in Gran Turismo.
It is not available for purchase.
The Viper GTS-R in racing livery can be won from the Apricot Hill Endurance event in Gran Turismo 2.
The Viper GTS-R in Team Oreca racing livery can be bought for Cr. 1,000,000 in Gran Turismo 3.
The Viper GTS-R in Team Oreca racing livery can be bought for Cr. 1,000,000 in Gran Turismo 4.
Both the Dodge and Chrysler Versions of the Viper are available in the Used Car Dealership For Cr. 2,000,000 In Gran Turismo 5