|Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS (NB) '98|
|Appears in||Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec|
Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 5
Gran Turismo PSP
|Type in GT5||ST|
|Weight||1,030 kilograms (2,300 lb)|
This description is taken from the description page on GT5. It is transcluded from here.
- In January 1998, nine years after its creation, the Eunos Roadster evolved into its 2nd generation. Over the years, with the Mazda Eunos sales channel having disappeared, the name was changed to the Mazda Roadster.
- Compared with the first generation Roadster, the body size had not been significantly changed. This was possible only because it had been thoroughly developed following their "rider-horse synergy" philosophy, reducing weight anywhere possible.
- It was equipped with the same 1.8L DOHC inline-4 engine, but the specifications were increased to 143BHP/16.6kgfm. This engine was coupled with the first 6 speed manual transmission on the Roadster. The 1.6L DOHC inline-4 engine was also revived at this time, producing 123BHP/14.5kgfm and matched with a 5 speed manual transmission.
- With two availabe types of engine, it was notable that two different characteristics were created in the lineup, with the RS becoming the sports-oriented models, and th VS being the luxury model.
- The first minor changes were implemented in July 2000. With a new 1.8L S-VT (Sequential Valve Timing) engine and other various modifications or improvements, the engine was augmented to 158BHP/17.3kgfm. With the power increase of the 1.8L model, the body was also reinforced, and the body of the 1.6L version was improved at the same time. The new edition of the RS-II grade also featured 16" wheels.
- Around the end of 2003, the previously rumoured turbo model also made its appearance. Boasting an output of 170BHP/21.3kgfm, it is a radical offshoot of the Roadster series.
The Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS (NB) '98 is not available to purchase from the Mazda Dealership. It must be won from the Roadster Endurance.
The Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS (NB) '98 can be purchased from the dealerships for 11,475 Credits. from the Used Car dealership.
As a Standard car, the Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS (NB) '98 occasionally appears in the Used Car Dealership, costing around 22,950 Credits. It is a Level 0 car.
The Mazda Roadster 1.8 RS (NB) '98 can be purchased from the dealerships for 22,950 Credits.